Although women still face gender discrimination in the workplace, the opening dialogue about female leadership has affected positive changes in the executive sphere. As the corporate world slowly moves towards gender equality, the benefits of female leadership for both men and women becomes more clear.
5 Ways Female Leaders Affect Positive Change
- Studies show that the female-driven focus on work/life balance doesn’t benefit working mothers alone, but reengages professionals of every age and gender in both their personal and professional lives, increasing productivity and improving their quality of life.
- Most female leaders encourage open communication, building stronger relationships within their teams and allowing businesses to broaden their professional scopes.
- Its no coincidence that the focus on office culture arrived on the heels of corporate female empowerment. Women are naturally inclined to build teams, take note of complementary skills, and visualize tangible solutions based on emotional intuition. This type of team building encourages successful collaboration between employees with varying backgrounds and skill sets.
- Whether because of some innate quality or due to the prejudices faced in their careers, female leaders put greater emphasis on fairness and business ethics than their male coworkers. A strong moral code builds trust internally as well as in dealings with other companies.
- Because most women have keen emotional intuition, female leaders are better at engaging employees and developing passionate teams. By developing strong support for company goals, female leaders can drive results, especially in Millennial team members, who prefer transformative work to the goal-oriented careers of the Baby Boomer generation.
Call Executive Resumes Atlanta to write an impactful executive resume that captures the unique successes of your corporate career.